A Career in Compensation and Diversity: A Conversation with Dana Hall
February 16, 2022
Host: Barbara Baksa, Executive Director, NASPP
Guest: Dana Hall, Designer Brands
- About the NASPP’s DEI Initiative
- Dana’s career path (2:12)
- Majoring in human resources (3:14)
- Dana’s role at Designer Brands (7:35)
- What Dana likes about working in compensation (9:06)
- Dana’s role on the NASPP’s DEI Task Force (11:49)
- Dana’s leadership role in Designer Brands’ African American BRG (13:55)
- Internships at Designer Brands (15:35)
- Shoe-related puns (16:47)
- Dana’s advice for growing your career in compensation (17:27)
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Thank you to Bank of America for sponsoring the NASPP's DEI Initiative.
About Our Guest
Dana is a native of Columbus, Ohio and currently works as the Senior Manager of Compensation for the Corporate Offices of Designer Brands Inc. Her team manages the compensation programs for their business segments in the United States. This includes base compensation, short-term and long-term incentive plans. Dana has worked in the field of compensation for over 22 years, primarily in the retail industry.
Dana majored in human resources and graduated with a bachelor’s degree from The Ohio State University. She is a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and has also earned her Equity Compensation Associate (ECA) designation.