Introduction and Methodology
The 2017 Domestic Stock Plan Administration Survey was developed jointly by the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP) and Deloitte Consulting LLP from March 2017 to May 2017 and was administered by Deloitte Consulting LLP. Last published in 2014, this survey provides a detailed look at the administrative practices of companies primarily headquartered in the United States (U.S.) and includes the following areas:
- Participant Profile
- Stock Plan Administration and Communication Practices
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Insider Trading Compliance
- Stock Ownership Guidelines
- Non-Employee Director Compensation Practices
This year’s survey reflects the following:
- The database consists of 494 survey respondents.
- Data valid through 2014.
- For all questions, the total number of companies who responded to each question is presented.
- For some questions, the total percentage of companies may not add to exactly 100% due to rounding.
- For certain questions, we report the data by industry group or demographic data.
Results from this survey are available to:
- Survey participant companies (all NASPP members from a company who participated in the survey)
- Service provider members
Results from the prior survey
(2014) are available to all NASPP members.