Barbara Baksa, Executive Director, NASPP, and Tara Tays of Deloitte Consulting LLP will present key data and trends from the most detailed survey on equity plan instruments and design available.
This informative session will compare trends in stock plan design from Silicon Valley and high-tech companies to national data to determine just how much practices at these companies vary from the norm. Getting the right long-term incentive program in place can be crucial for companies to motivate, retain and attract employees; knowing how your company stacks up against peers is critical to this process.
The 2019 Domestic Stock Plan Design Survey is the most in-depth long-term incentive design survey data available in the market. We’ll use specialized cuts of the data for Silicon Valley and high-tech companies to help you understand national, local, and tech-industry trends in the usage of time-based restricted stock award sand units, stock options, and performance based awards.
At the end of the presentation, the audience will walk away with understanding:
- The latest trends in long-term incentive plan designs and how practices in Silicon Valley and the tech industry vary from national trends
- Information on granting practices in Silicon Valley and the tech industry that companies need to make sure their plans remain competitive
- The advantages and disadvantages of granting stock options, restricted stock\units and performance based awards
- Reflections on the 2019 data in light of COVID-19 impacts in 2020 and beyond.
Click here to register for the webcast. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the webcast.
Barbara A. Baksa, CEP
National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
Barbara Baksa serves as Executive Director for the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP). In addition to her administrative responsibilities, she oversees all NASPP member programs and services, including the NASPP Annual Conference, online educational programs, webcasts on current developments, website content, surveys and research, regional chapters, and industry involvement.
Barbara is a frequent speaker on equity compensation related topics, has authored numerous white papers and articles on stock compensation and has contributed chapters to four books on equity compensation. She is the author of the book “Accounting for Equity Compensation,” published by the National Center for Employee Ownership and a required text for the Certified Equity Professionals exam. Barbara also serves as editor of The NASPP Advisor.
Barbara began her career in equity compensation over 20 years ago. She is a Certified Equity Professional, member of the Curriculum Committee and the Advisory Board of the CEP Institute at Santa Clara University, and an Executive Fellow of the Institute for the Study of Employee Ownership and Profit Sharing at Rutgers University School of Management and Labor Relations. Barbara has a BA in English from the University of Iowa.
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tara Tays has over 17 years of combined consulting and corporate experience advising management and compensation committees on a wide range of compensation matters including:
- Assessing market compensation levels and appropriate competitive posture of all components of employee pay and benefits, including the design of customized compensation and benefit surveys and studies
- Evaluating, designing, implementing, and administering annual and long-term incentive programs, including various types of equity-based compensation for private and public companies
- Drafting term sheets for employment agreements, change-in-control agreements, and long-term incentive plan arrangements
- Consulting on change-in-control, severance, spin-off, and merger-related compensation issues, including change-in-control arrangements, and merger integration incentives
- Educating clients in understanding “Hot Topics” in executive and board of director compensation practices
Tara is the lead consultant responsible for long-term incentive plan design and stock administration surveys co-sponsored by Deloitte Consulting and the National Association of Stock Plan Professional. She has also co-authored Deloitte’s Hot Topics whitepaper on Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act — Abstracts and Observations. Tara was a Keynote Speaker at NASPP's 2014 Annual conference and has presented at various WorldatWork Total Rewards conferences.
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting the San Fernando Valley NASPP Chapter:
Tara has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Southern California and is a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
AON Radford Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.