Barbara A. Baksa, CEP, Executive Director, NASPP
Barbara Baksa serves as Executive Director for the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP). She is a frequent speaker on equity compensation related topics, has authored numerous white papers and articles on stock compensation and has contributed chapters to four books on equity compensation. Barbara began her career in equity compensation over 20 years ago. She is a Certified Equity Professional, member of the Curriculum Committee and the Advisory Board of the CEP Institute at Santa Clara University, and an Executive Fellow of the Institute for the Study of Employee Ownership and Profit Sharing at Rutgers University School of Management and Labor Relations.
Tara Tays, Managing Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tara Tays has over 17 years of combined consulting and corporate experience advising management and compensation committees on a wide range of compensation matters including:
• Assessing market compensation levels and appropriate competitive posture of all components of employee pay and benefits, including the design of customized compensation and benefit surveys and studies
• Evaluating, designing, implementing, and administering annual and long-term incentive programs, including various types of equity-based compensation for private and public companies
• Drafting term sheets for employment agreements, change-in-control agreements, and long-term incentive plan arrangements
• Consulting on change-in-control, severance, spin-off, and merger-related compensation issues, including change-in-control arrangements, and merger integration incentives
• Educating clients in understanding “Hot Topics” in executive and board of director compensation practices
Tara is the lead consultant responsible for long-term incentive plan design and stock administration surveys co-sponsored by Deloitte Consulting and the National Association of Stock Plan Professional. She has also co-authored Deloitte’s Hot Topics whitepaper on Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act — Abstracts and Observations. Tara was a Keynote Speaker at NASPP's 2014 Annual conference and has presented at various WorldatWork Total Rewards conferences.
Tara has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Southern California and is a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.