What’s New in Equity Compensation?
Big developments have transpired in equity compensation in 2018. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act introduced sweeping changes to deferred taxes and other areas of equity award accounting and design. Companies with after-tax performance metrics have had important decisions to make, and all companies have been dealing with adapting to the revisions to 162(m). Other hot topics in the executive compensation landscape have been major shifts in ISS’s pay-for-performance quantitative model, an increase in interest in pay equity and board diversity, and ongoing evolutions in plan design. Join Nathan O’Connor and Daniel Hunninghake from Equity Methods as he provides updates on these and other topics, touching on:
- Current executive compensation design trends
- Performance metric-setting in light of tax reform and unfolding best practices
- Revisions to 162(m) deductibility and an update on industry’s interpretation of the changes
- CEO pay ratio results from the 2018 proxy season
- ISS’s new financial performance assessment (FPA)
- Emerging issues and best practices in performance goal-setting
- Burn rates and trends in broad-based equity granting
- Increased interest in employee stock purchase plans (ESPPs)
Throughout the presentation Nathan and Daniel will also weave in highlights from Equity Methods’ biennial SBC Accounting and Executive Compensation Decision Support Surveys released in Summer 2018.
7:30 - 8:15 AM: Breakfast and networking
8:15 - 9:30 AM: Presentation and Q&A
Dollar General Corporate Headquarters
100 Mission Ridge
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Note: The meeting will be in the Turner-One building, which is the second white building past Integrity Place building. To learn more about driving directions and to see the Dollar General campus map please download the Event Flyer from NASPP Nashville chapter event page
The meeting is free and open to NASPP members and guest. We encourage you to please invite your colleagues to attend the meeting as our guest.
Please RSVP by emailing: Nashville@naspp.com
Tommy Swindle, CEP
President, NASPP Nashville Chapter