Employee Mistakes & Questions You'll Be Asked for 2020 Personal Tax Return Filings - Be Prepared!
Therefore this tax season has more potential than ever for employee confusion, uncertainty, and expensive mistakes in completing IRS forms and following requirements, including cost basis reporting for stock sales.Tax-return reporting has changed yet again for the 2021 tax season, including the way employees report capital gains from stock sales, the alternative minimum tax (AMT), estimated taxes, and stimulus checks payments.
The webinar will help you review the 2020 tax filings and improve communications with your employees to help them prevent mistakes in reporting stock sales from equity compensation. By attending this webinar session, you will learn from the editor-in-chief of myStockOptions.com about:
- Tax law changes that could apply to stock compensation
- The most common questions asked by employees
- Costly mistakes made by employees related to tax return reporting of stock compensation
- Pitfalls that may cause unwanted IRS attention
- Key points to communicate with employees
- Resources available, including the Tax Center on myStockOptions and from various stock plan providers
CEP credit will be offered.
Bruce Brumberg, Esq.
Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder
myStockOptions.com and myNQDC.com