Description: Tax-return reporting has significantly changed for the 2019 tax-return season. While the IRS condensed Form 1040 to just 23 lines (previously 73 lines), it also created an additional six new schedules, including those that apply to capital gains and AMT reporting. Therefore this tax season has more potential than ever for employee confusion, uncertainty, and expensive mistakes in completing IRS forms and following requirements, including cost basis reporting for stock sales.
The webinar will help you review the 2019 tax filings and improve communications with your employees to help them prevent mistakes in reporting 2018 stock sales from equity compensation. By attending this webinar session, you will learn about:
· The most common questions asked by employees
· Costly mistakes made by employees related to tax return reporting of stock compensation
· Pitfalls that may cause unwanted IRS attention
· Tax law changes that apply to stock compensation, including capital gains and AMT reporting rules.
· Key points to communicate with employees
· Resources available, including the Tax Center on myStockOptions.com, and stock brokerages.