It’s time to talk…about the way we talk. More complexity, less time, and shorter attention spans have created a need to find more effective ways to communicate stock plan design, stock plan benefits, tax issues for mobile and non-mobile plan participants, and the impact of corporate events on equity award holders. In addition to substantive content, format and style is more important than ever. Rachael Thomas, a Senior Manager in Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice, Sandy Shurin, a Senior Manager with Deloitte Tax’s Global Rewards practice, Shannon Reznick, Manager Executive Compensation, NRG Energy and Tom Sawyer, Director, Participant Education, E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc., will share proven strategies to communicate key stock plan design and operations. As a group, we’ll start thinking about new ways to share the value and mechanics of your program!
This session is for you if you have:
- received questions from plan participants about stock compensation taxation
- rolled out (or are considering) a new plan (e.g. ESPP) or changing plan design for existing equity vehicles
- been through a corporate life event, or think there is a possibility for one sometime in the future
- plan participants that work in more than one tax jurisdiction (i.e. mobile employees, global or domestic)
- FAQs or other static verbiage as your primary communication strategy for stock plan participants.
We’ll start this interactive workshop format at 3 p.m. at Deloitte’s downtown Austin offices, with cocktails and hor-d’oeuvres afterwards on the patio!
Bring your questions, ideas, and of course your co-workers/friends.