Rachael Thomas, Senior Manager in Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice
Sandy Shurin, Senior Manager with Deloitte Tax’s Global Rewards practice
Shannon Reznick, Manager Executive Compensation, NRG Energy
Tom Sawyer, Director, Participant Education, E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc.
It’s time to talk…about the way we talk. More complexity, less time, and shorter attention spans have created a need to find more effective ways to communicate stock plan design, stock plan benefits, tax issues for mobile and non-mobile plan participants, and the impact of corporate events on equity award holders. In addition to substantive content, format and style is more important than ever. Rachael Thomas, a Senior Manager in Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice, Sandy Shurin, a Senior Manager with Deloitte Tax’s Global Rewards practice, Shannon Reznick, Manager Executive Compensation, NRG Energy and Tom Sawyer, Director, Participant Education, E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc., will share proven strategies to communicate key stock plan design and operations. As a group, we’ll start thinking about new ways to share the value and mechanics of your program!
This session is for you if you have:
- received questions from plan participants about stock compensation taxation
- rolled out (or are considering) a new plan (e.g. ESPP) or changing plan design for existing equity vehicles
- been through a corporate life event, or think there is a possibility for one sometime in the future
- plan participants that work in more than one tax jurisdiction (i.e. mobile employees, global or domestic)
- FAQs or other static verbiage as your primary communication strategy for stock plan participants.
We’ll start this interactive workshop format at 3 p.m. at Deloitte’s downtown Austin offices, with cocktails and hor-d’oeuvres afterwards on the patio!
Bring your questions, ideas, and of course your co-workers/friends.