Chapters that have excelled in promoting the mission of the NASPP over the
past year will be selected for recognition at the NASPP Annual Conference.
There is no limit on the number of chapters that can receive excellence awards
or the number of times a chapter can be recognized.
Chapters are selected for excellence awards based on:
- The number and quality of meetings the chapter has held.
Awards will generally only be issued to chapters that have held at least
five meetings prior to the Annual Conference. Joint meetings with
other chapters or organizations and meetings where the only topic is an
NASPP, TheCorporateCounsel.net, Section16.net, DealLawyers.com, or
CompensationStandards.com webcast do not count towards this requirement.
- How well the chapter promotes its activities. Chapter
meetings should be posted to the chapter page on the NASPP website and
meeting announcements should be distributed to chapter members in advance of
each meeting (preferably using the broadcast email tool available in the
Chapter Presidents Resource Center).
- The chapterís leadership infrastructure. The NASPP recommends that
every chapter have a board consisting of at least two members in addition to
the president; many chapters also find that it is helpful to institute a
program director and committee.
- The number of new and continuing NASPP members in the chapter and how
well the chapter represents and promotes the NASPP to its members.
- Providing general leadership within the profession.
- Other significant chapter activities, such as unique or innovative
events, membership drives, etc.
- How well the chapter fulfills minimum expectations, including, but not limited to, maintaining a bank account; submitting financial information on time; and maintaining appropriate records of elections, board meetings, and chapter meetings.
Chapters that qualify for excellence awards receive:
- Recognition during the NASPP Annual Conference. This includes a
formal presentation and badge ribbons that will be distributed to all
chapter officers and contributors.
- Recognition in The NASPP Advisor.
- Recognition on Naspp.com.