Tip #4 to Submit a Success Speaking Proposal: Be Timely
My last tip for submitting a winning speaking proposal is to submit your proposal on time. I’ll be honest; we look at this as a test. If you can’t submit your speaking proposal on time, it indicates to us that you probably aren’t going to meet any of the other speaker deadlines either. We have close to 200 speakers at the Conference, so it’s critical that our speakers be responsible about meeting their deadlines with minimal prompting from us. Don’t bother asking for an extension; if you can’t get your speaking proposal in on time, this probably isn’t the year for you to speak.
Speaking proposals for the 24th Annual NASPP Conference can be submitted online and will be accepted through Friday, February 26. Check out my podcast of other tips for submitting a successful proposal.
Don’t Miss Your Chance to Save on the Online Fundamentals
Taught by the industry’s leading experts, the NASPP’s acclaimed online program, “Stock Plan Fundamentals,” is the definitive training program for stock plan professionals, covering both the regulatory framework and day-to-day administrative procedures key to overseeing stock plans. Don’t wait to register—the early-bird rate is only available through this Friday, February 26.
NASPP To Do List
Here’s your NASPP To Do List for the week:
- Tune in today for the NASPP webcast “The ISS and Glass Lewis Scorecards: What You Need to Know.”
- Register for the NASPP’s acclaimed online course, “Stock Plan Fundamentals”—early-bird rate available through this Friday, February 26.
- Submit a speaking proposal for the 24th Annual NASPP Conference. We are accepting proposals through this Friday, February 26.
- It’s a new year and a new Question of the Week Challenge. Get started today!
- Saddle up, cowpoke! Register for the 24th Annual NASPP Conference in Houston from October 24-27.
- It’s that time again: renew your NASPP membership for 2016 (if you aren’t an NASPP member, join today).
- Check out the NASPP’s LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter pages.