This tax season has more potential than ever for confusion, uncertainty, and expensive mistakes with all the changes in the past few years in IRS forms and requirements. These include making sense of Form 1099-B from the broker, reporting stock sales on tax return forms 8949 and Schedule D, plus changes in cost basis reporting starting with stock sales made in 2014. The webinar will help you understand the changes and communicate with employees to help them prevent mistakes in reporting stock sales from equity compensation.
By attending this webinar session, you will learn about:
* What employees need to know about the 1099-B
* How the 1099-B can help or make more confusing the reporting of stock sales on Form 8949 and Schedule D
* The most common questions asked and costly mistakes related to tax return reporting of stock compensation
* Pitfalls that may cause unwanted IRS attention
* Tax law changes recently adopted that apply to stock compensation
* Key points to communicate with employees
* Independent resources available to help, including the Tax Center on myStockOptions.com.
NOTE - Webinar address will be sent to those that RSVP
Webinar (a joint meeting of San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles chapters) Login and dial-in details will be sent to those that RSVP